POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Yet another Media Sky [WIP] : Re: Yet another Media Sky [WIP] Server Time
19 Jul 2024 21:33:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yet another Media Sky [WIP]
From: Thies Heidecke
Date: 20 Aug 2002 14:21:14
Message: <3d62889a$1@news.povray.org>
"John D. Gwinner" <jgw### [at] dazsicom> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Very impressive, good render time too.
Thanks! though i fear that the rendertime increases as the clouds get more
detailed
and higher res.

> I was thinking of doing a 'from orbit' picture of a skyhook descending to
> it's docking station - your picture reminded me of the final stages of that
> descent.
Yeah, that would be a possible use of it, but for greater distances, e.g from
space, one probably had to blend into an other method, i think.

> What are you going to do with it?
I plan to make the clouds look more realistic and detailed and to write a
macro around it for easier handling (like in Jaime Vives Piqueres' stsky.inc),
more different cloud-types (cirrus, stratus, cumulus) for simultaneous use,
improved atmosphere (best would be with physically correct color-gradients
for sunsets and such..) and support for sphere-shaped atmospheres for planets
(currently it's an endless plane).

Quite some work before me =) (This could take some time...)

At the moment the media-density pattern for the clouds and the right
absorbtion
and lighting gives me headaches.. hopefully i'll get it right soon.

>                   == John ==

Greetings,
Thies